As a Practice, we aim to provide a full range of General Medical Services, including:-
- Childhood & Adult Immunisation
- Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
- Child Health Surveillance
- Learning Disabilities Checks
- Family Planning
- Cervical Smears
- Chronic Disease Management Care
- Smoking Cessation
- Minor Surgery/Joint Injections
- Medical Examinations
- Healthy Lifestyle Clinics
Travel Vaccinations & Advice
Are you due to travel and unsure if you require any travel vaccinations? Please ask at reception, you will be asked to complete a travel form which is given to our Practice Nurse. She will then call you to advise you on any vaccinations you may require.
Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinic
Influenza – flu – is a highly infectious and potentially serious illness caused by influenza viruses. Each year the make-up of the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the influenza viruses that the World Health Organization decide are most likely to be circulating in the coming winter.
Regular immunisation (vaccination) is given free of charge to the following at-risk people, to protect them from seasonal flu:
- people aged 65 or over,
- people with a serious medical condition
- people living in a residential or nursing home
- the main carers for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the Carer becomes ill
- healthcare or social care professionals directly involved in patient care, and
- those who work in close contact with poultry, such as chickens.
- pregnant ladies
We still have some flu vaccinations left so if you haven't had one yet please telephone the surgery!
We also offer additional services which are not covered by the NHS and we therefore make a charge for these. The following are some of the services that we offer:-
- HGV Medicals
- Insurance Medicals
- BUPA/WPA Claim Forms